Text +Text -
When a loss occurs
- Indeed we belong to Allah, and indeed to Him we will return..
When visiting graves
- Oh Muslims residing here, salaams on you, by the will of Allah we will also be coming to you. We seek safety for us and you..
When offering condolence
- Surely, Allah takes what is His, and what He gives is His, and to all things He has appointed a time. So, have patience and be rewarded..
When closing the eyes of the deceased
- O Allah, forgive [name of the deceased person] and elevate his station among those who are guided. Send him along the path of those who came before, and forgive us and him, O Lord of the worlds. Enlarge for him his grave and shed light upon him in it..
For the deceased at the funeral prayer
- O Allah, forgive him and have mercy on him and give him strength and pardon him. Be generous to him and cause his entrance to be wide and wash him with water and snow and hail. Cleanse him of his transgressions as white cloth is cleansed of stains. Give him an abode better than his home, and a family better than his family and a wife better than his wife. Take him into Paradise and protect him from the punishment of the grave [and from the punishment of Hell-fire]..
- O Allah forgive our living and our dead, those who are with us and those who are absent, our young and our old, our menfolk and our womenfolk. O Allah, whomever you give life from among us give him life in Islam, and whomever you take way from us take him away in Faith. O Allah, do not forbid us their reward and do not send us astray after them..
- O Allah, surely [name the person] is under Your protection, and in the rope of Your security, so save him from the trial of the grave and from the punishment of the Fire. You fulfill promises and grant rights, so forgive him and have mercy on him. Surely You are Most Forgiving, Most Merciful..
When placing the deceased in the grave
- With the Name of Allah and according to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah.