Text +Text -
Increase in knowledge
- My Lord! Increase me in knowledge..
- O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted..
- My Lord! Bestow Hukman (religious knowledge, right judgement of the affairs and Prophethood) on me, and join me with the righteous. And grant me an honourable mention in later generations. And place me among the inheritors of the Garden of Pleasure. And forgive my father. Indeed, he has been of those astray. And disgrace me not on the Day when (all the creatures) will be resurrected. The Day when there will not benefit [anyone] wealth or children, But only one who comes to Allah with a sound heart..
Grant me confidence and eloquence
- O my Lord! Open for me my chest. And ease my task for me. And make loose the knot from my tongue, that they understand my speech..
- Glory be to You, we have no knowledge except what you have taught us. Verily, it is You, the All-Knower, the All-Wise..
For protection from ignorance
- I seek refuge in Allah from being among the ignorant..
Protection from foolishness
- O Allah, I take refuge with You lest I should stray or be led astray, or slip or be tripped, or oppress or be oppressed, or behave foolishly or be treated foolishly.’ slip: i.e. to commit a sin unintentionally.