Text +Text -
- Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great. Allah is the Most Great.
Glory is to Him Who has provided this for us
though we could never have had it by our efforts.
Surely, unto our Lord we are returning.
O Allah, we ask You on this our journey for goodness and piety,
and for works that are pleasing to You.
O Allah, lighten this journey for us
and make its distance easy for us.
O Allah, You are our Companion on the road
and the One in Whose care we leave our family.
O Allah, I seek refuge in You from this journey's hardships,
and from the wicked sights in store
and from finding our family and property in misfortune upon returning.
(Upon returning recite the same again adding :)
We return repentant to our Lord, worshipping our Lord,
and praising our Lord..
While returning from travel
- Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest, Allah is the greatest. None has the right to be worshipped except Allah, alone, without partner. To Him belongs all sovereignty and praise, and He is over all things omnipotent. We return, repent, worship and praise our Lord. Allah fulfilled His promise, aided His Servant, and single-handedly defeated the allies..
When night approaches during Travel
- O earth, my Lord and your Lord is Allah; I seek refuge in Allah from your evil, the evil of what you contain, the evil of what has been created in you, and the evil of what creeps upon you; I seek refuge in Allah from lions, from large black snakes, from other snakes, from scorpions, from the evil of jinn which inhabit a settlement, and from a parent and his offspring..
- My Lord, let me land at a blessed landing place, and You are the best to accommodate [us]..
Before sleeping at night during travel
- I seek refuge in the Perfect Words of Allah from the evil of what He has created..